Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hugs from Heaven

I was going to post some more about our vacation but instead I want to share something else. My heart has been heavy lately.....due to personal things as well as things going on in the lives of those that I love. I won't go into all of that but I have just felt overwhelmed at times and I know so many hearts that are troubled and that are hurting including my own. I had a very special relationship with my grandma........and since I've become a grandma......I feel an even closer bond with her. She was THE best! She always had time to laugh, to love, to play....to listen, to hug and she had a wonderful hug! When she died.....there was a special song that kept playing on the radio and for a few months after her death, I would occasionally hear it again and always when I needed to feel her hugs the most! I haven't heard the song in YEARS! Not that I haven't needed to feel her hugs but I just haven't heard it in a long, long time. Yesterday on my way to church for my hour of Adoration.....I gathered my Bible, jumped in my jeep and flipped on the radio which I seldom do and immediately 'the' song came on and I felt those arms hug me and I felt her love so clearly. I needed that more than I've ever needed it before! And during Adoration, I felt her presence like never before. I felt like she was sitting right beside me holding my hand and holding my heart. I miss her so much but I also see her in my mom and my aunts.....that same love, that same strength, that same love of life! I am so blessed.



Not only was she beautiful on the outside, but just as beautiful on the inside! She was a little woman but she had a BIG heart!

Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment