Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Busy Summer!

I always think that summer will be a time to catch up on some things, a time my life will slow down a little bit and a time to spend with friends and family. Why do I always think that!? It is already the 7th of July and I haven't caught up with anything----laundry is winning the race! As I said earlier, it is already the 7th of July and summer is flying by! I have spent more time visiting with family so I am happy about that! We also will be going with family to a Cardinal game soon and are heading to Gulf Shores as well with the same group of family.

Mom and I met Little Mama Wednesday morning at 6:30 a.m. in Clarksville so that we could get Chloe for a few days! I am very lucky that I've been able to spend as much time with her as I have. I treasure each and every minute. Every time I see her, she is doing something different and changing so much! She is five months old now and has four teeth! She is rolling over, reaching for anything and everything, loves to give kisses and love, is so close to crawling---scoots all over the place, still sleeping through the night, wrinkles her little nose, dances and brings so much joy and love into my life! There are no words to describe it!!!! Chloe is teaching me so much! I see things through her eyes now.....how you can splash water in the bathtub with your hand and when it splashes in your face, it is a surprise! Or feeling raindrops on your little face for the first time takes your breath away! Even something as simple as seeing a shadow move is facinating to you! And when you get out of the tub and see yourself in the bathroom mirror, the squeal of excitement at your reflection.....I treasure all of that! I never ever want to forget any of it. Even when you leave and go back home, the sadness and emptiness I feel.....I realize now how my grandparents felt when we would visit them and then leave. We always cried when we said our goodbyes but now I 'feel' what they felt and I don't think that I appreciated the depth of their love like I do now. I know that I loved them with all of my heart but don't think I really understood their love for me until now.....now that I am a grandma!

Here are a few pictures of Chloe taken recently!









The top picture shows her two little bottom teeth! The last couple of pictures show two of the men in her life that are so crazy in love with her! Will have to post more tomorrow!

Bud has been in Muskogee yesterday and today. He should be on his way home now. I think we have a quiet weekend planned this weekend so he should be able to catch up on his rest. I know he doesn't sleep very well in hotels....he misses his pillow!


Have a great evening!


Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment