Monday, July 12, 2010

Getting back to walking!

Got up at 6:15 a.m. and got dressed to go to Mom and Dad's to walk. Decided to check radar and make sure there wasn't rain in the immediate forecast. Well, lo and behold.....radar was showing rain! I decided to LOOK outside and sure enough, it was raining. Not a lot but enough. Took off my shoes and decided walking would not be happening today. Well, as quickly as the rain shower popped up, it pooped out! SO....got the shoes back on and headed out to walk. It had been over two weeks since I've walked. The week before last I had Chloe here and last week, I had a hurt back. I haven't had real shoes on in a long time so my feet were protesting as well as the rest of me! We were about half way into our walk when it started sprinkling. We decided to head back and just walk closer to home so in case of harder rain....we could make a run for it. We ended up walking about an hour and the rain fizzled out again. HOWEVER, on our way home from breakfast.....it started raining again and this time we got a pretty good shower!



Little Buddy is going on a road trip with some friends to Chicago....leaving Thursday. Since I was going to be filling up Little Buddy's car with gas (it was almost empty) Dad put some gas treatment in the gas tank and then I filled it up with gas. He then replaced the spark plugs so Little Buddy should be good to go. We just had the oil changed, tires rotated and balanced last month.



Little Buddy finally finished up his thank you notes for his graduation gifts. They will be in the mail tomorrow! After he finished, he decided it wasn't as difficult as he thought it would be! DUH!



Fixed fried chicken, baked some french fries in the oven and fixed some corn on the cob for supper. Now I am watching the Home Run Derby! I am missing my Cardinal games!



Can't post this without a picture so here you go! This is Bud riding his unicycle! He used to ride all of the time when he was a little boy and says he rode with his brother on his shoulders! He drags out his unicycle every now and then and brushes up on his riding skills!



I was teasing him that I was going to start renting him out for children's birthday parties! He just needs to get his juggling act perfected a little more!

Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment