Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve

Wow, the last day of the year! I think I read somewhere that it is bad luck to go into the new year with dirty laundry and clothes that need to be ironed.....well, I've never gone into the new year with no laundry and no ironing and I have to say.....each year has been a blessing and special so with that said....I'm not going to be doing laundry or ironing today! Just. is. not. going. to. happen.

Did the walking at the Mall this morning. Not quite as many people walking this morning. I have to say....those old guys are devoted to their walking and I think they are getting better! I promise to post pictures soon. Yesterday there were eleven of them walking together as soon as the doors opened. It is like a marathon.....everyone wants to lead!!! Mom, Dad and I fight our way through them and finally overtake them but the more they have been walking....the more of a challenge it is getting to be! I absolutely refuse to let a 90 year old man PASS me walking! haha
After our walk, Dad took us to Susan's for breakfast. YUMMY! Had a grilled bagel and side order of bacon that Mom and I split. We also share with Dad. Mom had on her little yellow jacket that matches her walking pants...well, her pants aren't yellow but have yellow trim. Dad told her that she looked like a little finch bird! Wasn't that romantic!?

Okay....I have to tell you what my mother did....she is ALWAYS doing something but back to my story. For Christmas.....we gave them one of these:



And you put it in front of your car like this:



This is the one that we bought for Little Buddy. It has worked great and he loves it and we are all happy because the garage door has not come down on his car. Dad thought it was cool and so we bought one for them. Well, Dad told me that Mom ran over HER stop sign! Was easing up to it and when you tap it...it lights up and you STOP....well, she didn't stop and ran right over that sign! Dad put it back together and it still works but it isn't working like it should for Mom apparently! I wish I had a picture of it laying on the garage floor in pieces! BUT....I don't!

Bud is having his eyes checked this morning. He has been having trouble reading and thinks the world is conspiring against him by printing things much smaller than they have before. I don't know how he will react when the eye doctor tells him that he is just getting old and he needs special glasses and contacts now!

Happy New Year's Eve everyone! Hope 2010 brings good health, lots of wealth and much laughter to everyone!

xoxo,

GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment