Sunday, January 3, 2010

First snow of 2010



We woke up to about 4 inches of snow this morning! We were surprised thinking it would miss it. They had predicted maybe an inch. We took the jeep out and ran to Neighborhood Market....needed a few items. Didn't have any trouble....took our time and the sand trucks were out doing their jobs. The main roads were not too bad if you took your time and were careful. Side roads not so much! Went by to pick up Rhyno and Fiance and Olive.....came home and had a snowball fight. I took pictures and fiance kept me safe by deflecting the incoming snowballs that the guys were aiming at me!





It was fun! Bud has a pot of beans in the crock pot using the ham bone that we had from our ham supper last night. It smells good but I'm not a real bean person!

Got the Christmas decorations taken down and packed away yesterday. Still have the garland around the front door outside and will try to get that down today. It always looks so bare after the holidays. Here are some pictures of the entryway and mantel.






Well, I had some peanuts roasting in the oven and forgot about them....they may be a little more roasted than they should be! Bud kept saying he smelled something. I was thinking the beans....that is what I was smelling and then he asked what was in the oven....that reminded me! Ooops!

Stay warm and stay safe!

GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment