Tuesday, March 30, 2010

An Awesome Weekend

Little Mama ended up leaving Wednesday late afternoon. They were predicting storms for Thursday and she didn't want to be driving home in storms......and I didn't want her driving in bad weather either if she didn't have to. She decided to go home and surprise Sonny Bono and since she was leaving Chloe with me.....she and Sonny Bono were going to have TWO nights all to themselves! I had so much fun with Chloe. She is such a good baby. She never cries unless she is hungry or when she is getting tired....she will fuss a little but not much! Thursday was such a rainy, nasty day. Chloe actually napped quite a bit! She is sleeping pretty much through the night. She went to bed between 10 and 11 p.m. and then woke up between 4 and 5 a.m. She would go right back to sleep and sleep another 2 to 3 hours. Her mommy and daddy came up Friday night and spent the weekend with us. Her mommy and I did some major shopping Saturday. Little Mama needed some clothes......we found her a nice pair of slacks with a jacket and a couple of knit tops. They look really nice on her and we also found her a pair of jeans that look good on her too! We weren't really looking for clothes for Chloe (who am I kidding.....I am always looking for clothes for Chloe) but we found several cute summer dresses, her Easter dress, and some jammies for her. She has outgrown a lot of her clothes and her little closet and dresser drawers were empty!!!!! We went to Mass Sunday morning and left Chloe with Bud. It was so windy and damp so we really didn't want to have to get her out. Bud was getting ready for another trip out of town so he stayed home with Chloe and got packed while we were at Mass. Here are some pictures from our time with Chloe last week and over the weekend.

Not sure if she was super excited to be on Little Buddy's shoulders but Sonny Bono was hoping she would grab a hand full of hair!!!


She is always smiling and so happy!


Chloe with her Mimi!


Chloe with her Poppy!



Another picture of her sweet little face!



She loves to sleep with her little arms over her head! Her daddy always did that too!




I was so lonesome Sunday night. Sonny Bono, Little Mama and Chloe went back home.....left about noon I think. Bud left for Muskogee, OK about 2:00 and Little Buddy went to a movie with a friend so was gone all afternoon and evening. I guess it was nice to have the house to myself but it was sure quiet and empty! I ended up having a good cry......after having Chloe here for 4 1/2 days and having a house full of family all weekend to having nobody here on Sunday afternoon......just felt very sad and lonely. I guess I was just having a very emotional day! During Mass I was thinking about my family.....grandparents, aunts, uncles, parents, husband, kids.....granddaughter.....I am so blessed. I have such happy memories of growing up with family always being so important. I want that for Chloe. I want her to grow up with so many happy memories of spending time with us and her other grandparents, etc. And I want her to always always always feel and know how loved she is. I had that growing up and I want her to have it too. And it was so neat to have our three generations at Mass together......my parents, myself and my son and daughter-in-law. If the weather had been better, we would have had FOUR generations there!

Rhyno was sick over the weekend so he wasn't able to spend time with us. Fiance was out of town over the weekend so we kept Olive here. Rhyno just wasn't able to take her out. He at one point had a temperature of 103 and Mimi and Little Buddy took him some Motrin and ibuprofen along with chicken noodle soup, crackers and Popsicles. We kept checking on him because if his fever didn't go down asap....we were going to take him to the ER. The Motrin/ibuprofen kicked in and his fever broke. I took him a Subway sandwich Sunday afternoon and he looked better but was still weak. He went to the doctor yesterday morning and they ran the strep test and it was negative. Said it was viral and not much that they could do but let it run its course.

The girls went to groomers this morning. My helper had out of town guests so was not able to come with me. I didn't have any trouble getting the girls INTO the jeep.....had put their bed inside of the jeep earlier so just had to carry Olive and since Allie was on her leash it wasn't too difficult. Now getting OUT of the jeep.......not so easy! At this point they are both shaking and panting and scared to death. I managed to get out with Olive first and had a death grip on her, grabbed Allie and her leash which at this time is all tangled up around her legs, neck, etc. I tried to get her untangled while keeping Olive in a death grip and trying to pick up their bed and my keys which had fallen in the parking lot......I'm sitting on the ground with Olive STILL in my death grip, working with Allie and her leash, bed and keys are on the ground somewhere! I finally got her leash untangled enough, had Olive in that death grip and ended up walking to the building with the leash tangled around Allie's short little legs barely hanging on to their bed and my keys but the girls were safe and we were mobile! Roger comes out and helps me get into the building. I'm sure I provided the morning entertainment for all of the groomers whose windows face the parking lot!!!! I miss my helper!!!!!

It is supposed to be a really nice, warm day so I am planning on getting some yard work done today! I want to move my plants back outdoors. Thinking that maybe the below freezing temperatures are behind us now?! Then will be able to clean out the garage and my jeep needs a bath too!

Hugs,

Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment