Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Where is the sunshine?!

We did NOT have sunshine nor did we have warmer temps today! When we left to take the girls to the groomers this morning at 7:45 a.m. it was SNOWING! Seriously? Snow in March? Just not lovin' it like I do in December or January or even in February. March, not so much ! And don't even get me started on that cold, blistery wind! Brrrrr! I always bribe my mom to go with me when it is time for the girls to go to the groomers. It is just so much easier to have the extra set of hands when I'm trying to carry in two dogs and a dog bed! I really don't HAVE to bribe her.....I know that she would go without the treat because that is just how she is. BUT I always treat her to a latte and danish at Pontiac Coffeehouse after we drop the girls off. It never disappoints! However, this morning we chose a cream cheese turnover which was fat-free. I mean, after all......we are trying to get our beach bods and are walking almost every day. And did I mention the latte with the whipped topping that we had with our turnover!? We tried to balance it out so that we wouldn't feel too guilty! Well, let me tell you this.......never, never, never again! My sweet mother complained and complained and complained about the lack of taste, didn't feel like she had even eaten, and on and on and on! haha I tried to remind her that the turnover was fat-free so really, what did she expect! I tell you what she expected......a fat-free cream cheese turnover that was yummy like the REAL ones but without the fat! Yeah, Mom, that would have been nice but it just didn't happen that way so GET OVER IT! haha I may be embellishing her whining a teeny tiny bit! We got my dad a cinnamon roll that looked really good and it was not fat-free so I'm notreally sure if my dad actually ever received that roll this morning! I'll have to ask him!

Last night, Bud, Little Buddy and I went to Louie's for dinner. Coach John Pelphrey was there doing a radio talk show. He is our Razorback basketball coach! I enjoyed listening to him and even talked Bud into sneaking a picture with his iPhone. We were trying to be discreet about it so in addition to it not being the best quality of picture do to usingBud's iPhone and not a real camera and being kinda hard to actually see Coach Pelphrey since we were sitting in a booth about midway.... I did get a picture and want to share it with you regardless! He is the guy on the far right.....he is to the right of the guy in white with head phones....can you see him? ; ) You can see a piece of his shoulder and the tip of his head!





While Little Buddy and I were in Barnes and Nobel this afternoon, I noticed Nolan Richardson's new book on display.....Forty Minutes of Hell. I picked up a copy and will go back Friday at 1 p.m. to get it autographed for Rhyno! How cool will that be!?


After our dinner at Louie's, we drove over to PetSmart to get some fish for our aquarium! It had filtered for 24 to 48 hours and was ready for fish! Unfortunately, PetSmart didn't have many to choose from. There were a lot of empty tanks! The little sales girl said that they would be getting a shipment of new fish in on Thursday. We ended up with a beta, a male and female guppy but upon looking at our sales receipt....I'm thinking we ended up with TWO males, and three of these little zippy fish. The guppies and zippy fish move too fast to get a decent picture but I did get an awesome picture of the beta. So far....so good. They are all alive 24 hours later and seem to be doing quite well! I wanted to post a picture while they are all alive!!!!



Bud, Rhyno and Little Buddy just headed to Petco to see about getting some more fish. They are wanting some neon fish and glo fish. No telling what they will be bringing home. I'm thinking now that maybe I should have gone with them! When they were walking out of the door, I heard words such as frogs, ghost shrimp, and sucker fish.......ugh! Will let you know tomorrow what they end up bringing home! Bud is going out of town tomorrow so the fish will be in my sole care! Last time that he left town, both guppies died. I may be out buying more fish before he gets home late Thursday night!

Have a great evening!

Gigi

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gigi,
    It's so nice to meet you! Come back by my blog anytime. You are always welcome! I hear you on this cold March weather. Brrrr...Hurry up Spring!

    We also have fish aquariums. Sucker fish and ghost shrimp are really neat little guys. You will like them I promise.

    Many blessings to you. ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a winner....Check out my blog and send me your name, address, etc....to annah99@aol.com...YEA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words on my recent weight loss Gigi! You're the best. :)

    ReplyDelete