Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Grandparents...........

Had adoration this afternoon.....it was good....it was emotional as well. Just thinking that next week this time.....I will be a grandma.....or a GiGi! I was thinking about my own grandparents and how blessed I was to have such loving, caring grandparents. I was thinking back about how Grandma and Grandpa would take us to the store and we got a soda and candy! Grandma knew how much I loved banana pudding and I don't remember ever visiting that I didn't get my banana pudding! I never had it at home.....for some reason....so it was really a special treat! I still love my banana pudding! And I remember their old farmhouse didn't have heat except for what the old wood stove produced and we would be so loaded down with quilts that you really could NOT move once you were snug in the bed! It was awesome. And I remember going for a bike ride in the mud and poor Grandma had to hose off our bikes and clean us up but I never heard her raise her voice or say a bad word about anyone. And I was remembering Grandma or Omi as she was later called when she had great-grandchildren. I never heard her raise her voice or say a negative thing about anyone either. What godly women I had for grandmothers! I prayed today that they would guide me and pray for me to be the kind of grandmothers that they were. And I prayed that Chloe would know how very much I love her as I knew how loved I was by my own grandmothers. I have such good good memories.....and I know that my sons are blessed by that same love that my parents have for them. I know that they have their own special memories of their Mimi and Poppy times and I cannot wait to start making special memories with Chloe. I prayed for Chloe's safe arrival and her mommy's safety during the childbirth. And then I felt so close to my grandparents....I know that they were there with me in that chapel blessing me with their love even now. I cried but they were happy tears and I felt their love and blessings today as I thought about becoming a grandma myself.

GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment