Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mini vacation in the warm south!

Well, it IS warmer here than back home......twice as warm I think! It is like 24 here and 12 there! I am sooooo lucky! hahaha I loaded up my jeep yesterday morning and headed to Maumelle to spend time with Sonny Bono and Little Mama.....(new name for Mrs. Sonny Bono....much better name I think)! I got within blocks of their home and my jeep overheated! Luckily, I was able to pull over and called Sonny Bono. It had cooled down so we drove to the house and made some phone calls. I took it in to Christian Brothers Automotive this morning thinking.....flush and fill right? Not so much......now thinking blown gasket....going to go ahead and put in new water pump, new thermostat, new radiator cap....and if the head isn't cracked....we are looking at $1500...... : ( Well, it could always be worse, right?) I was very lucky to have made it here without having trouble and very lucky that my mom insisted that I borrow her cell phone in case I had trouble! If everything goes according to plan (like WE are hoping), I will have my jeep back Tuesday. So.....I had planned to go to the doctor with Little Mama in the morning and then head home but now, will stay here and Bud will have to come and pick me up. We are also thinking that Little Mama MAY be admitted if she is 3 cm dilated so maybe we can welcome Chloe Ann before we head back home! How cool would that be!?!

Yesterday, Little Mama and I had lunch at Dixie Cafe and then did a little shopping. We shopped at Gordman's and I found a pair of walking pants for Mom for $9.99! They have the bright neon green trim on the sides....won't she look cute wearing those at the Mall walking?! Yessir! She will! Then we headed to Hobby Lobby. I bought Chloe Ann a little white wicker hamper for her room. It is so cute. I will post pictures when I post pictures of her room soon. It has a little stuffed dog head on the top and is lined with pink gingham......soooo cute! We then met her mom and step dad at Senor Tequila's in Little Rock......good good Mexican. It was the first time I met her mom and step dad and they were very nice.

This morning Little Mama and I got the jeep to the automotive place by 7 a.m. and then headed to Bob's Diner for breakfast in Conway. We didn't have wintry weather so were able to go out. Looks like Springdale got more wintry weather so no school again. Little Buddy is going to be getting bored soon! He has been home for almost three weeks! We went to Hobby Lobby after breakfast and got some yarn. We are going to maybe do some knitting and crocheting. We came home and Little Mama fixed a frozen pizza for lunch....it was actually very good. I ate TWO slices good!!!!! Her stepbrother is coming over for dinner tonight so I will get a chance to meet him as well. I've enjoyed spending time with my first born son while he awaits for his first born daughter! I am so very proud of my son......he is such a loving, giving son, grandson, brother, husband and now will soon be a daddy. And I know that he will be a very good daddy.....Chloe Ann is one lucky little girl to have a mommy and daddy who so love her already.....not to mention all of the grandparents, great-grandparents who already love her and cannot wait to spoil her!!!!!

I brought my camera and promise to take pictures for my next post! My bad! I know!

Sonny Bono built us an awesome fire when he got home from work so I'm off to sit by it so will sign off for now.

Stay warm,
GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment