Monday, February 22, 2010

Back home but my heart is with Chloe!

I had the best time staying with Sonny Bono, Little Mama and Chloe last week. I got to their home about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday night. Chloe is changing every day! I'm sorry that I didn't take even one single picture but it isn't easy taking pictures when you are holding and loving on a baby 24/7!!!!! And I did NOT want to put her down for pictures......next time I will might take pictures. I had the best of intentions. I had my camera, the battery full of life and just did not even get the camera out....not even once! But I do have some pictures courtesy of other sources that I will share!


This picture was taken the day that I got there. She visited her daddy at work for the very first time! I know that her daddy was super excited to be able to show off his little daughter to all of his coworkers!

I was able to hold Chloe a lot and loved every single minute! When you hold a newborn in your arms.....and look at that little miracle.....you can't help but feel like God is right there with you. I feel like He is there like a parent watching His children's excitement over a special gift. And what a special gift Chloe is! We are truly blessed! I was able to experience the sleepless nights, heating bottles, sterilizing bottles, diaper changes and even the ultimate dirty diaper where EVERYTHING has to be cleaned and changed and washed out! But how I loved every single minute of it!!!!! I also got to experience cuddling with a newborn and watching the many many faces that she makes while asleep. It truly touches your heart! Then there is the feeding times when she looks into your eyes and really studies you and you hope that somehow she can see how very much you love her and how your life will never be the same because of her! We enjoyed little "chats" where she moved her little mouth and looked at me trying to figure out how I could make sounds come out of MY mouth and she tried so hard to contribute to our girl talk! She will be cooing soon!!! She is so alert and so strong! When I held her sitting up with her leaning against me to burp, she would tilt her head back so that she could look at me! My heart melted every. single. time !!!! And I don't care what anyone says.....she is REALLY trying to say Gigi! haha I had to leave for home Friday at 2 p.m. and I hated having to leave her!!! I miss her so very much. I miss her mommy and daddy too of course. Her mommy and I had some good girl talk times in the late hours of the nights and wee hours of the mornings. Sonny Bono was back to work so I didn't get to spend as much time with him but do treasure what time we did get to have together. I have one more sweet picture that Little Mama's step dad sent to me this morning of the little family. I think that it is so precious!


I arrived home about 5 p.m. Friday evening. We took my parents out to Catfish Hole for their anniversary. Their anniversary was actually earlier in the week. It was very good and we all ate way too much!!!! I was pretty tired but it was good to get out and spend time with the family! We passed a gas station that was having its grand opening and had gas for $1.99 a gallon! There were lots and lots of cars in line taking advantage of that!!!!

Saturday was Bud's birthday. My parents took us out for breakfast at Susan's. They have the best breakfast menu and great prices! It is always busy so you need to get their early! We decided it was a good time to make our WalMart run since it had been awhile......our bill was for $199 so I guess it HAD been awhile since we had done major grocery/cleaning supply shopping! Or so I keep telling myself so that I don't break down and cry! We stopped at Dime's Meat Market and bought steaks for supper. I had to show off pictures of Chloe of course! Bud grilled out steaks, baked potatoes and cabbage for our supper. So so good. Mom called and said that when Dad woke up from his nap, he had a fever and chills so they decided to not come over and share his cold. We appreciated that so much that we told her that we would call when the food came off of the grill and she could come by and pick up their dinner! Hey, I let her come inside of the house....I didn't leave it on the front porch or anything! They live 2 miles away so it was still nice and hot by the time she got back home with it! Rhyno and Fiance were here and Little Buddy so we all played Taboo and then Karaoke. I don't sing so I just cheered them on from the side. They thought that they were pretty good but after I played back some of their songs that I had recorded from that night......let's just say 'blackmail'!!!!

Sunday morning we visited PetSmart, Best Buy and Barnes and Nobel. We ended up buying two little guppies....Fred and Ethel. I think Ethel is already pregnant! Little hussy! My aquarium is only like a gallon or two so we were very limited as to what we could put in there! I tried to take a picture of Fred and Ethel but fish don't pose very well.



Ethel is the one on the left who looks tired....she is the female! I personally think God made the males of all species more colorful and attractive so that they COULD get a mate! He knew if left to their own devices....the world probably wouldn't become populated! hee hee

Love,

Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment