Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Exercise and Rick's Bakery


I started back into my walking routine this morning after being off of it for almost a week! Gotta get the beach bod before summer! I know.......I probably should have started getting this bod ready for the beach L O N G before now! And I also know that going to Rick's Bakery after walking is not going to get this body ready for the beach any sooner! I just felt like after my break from walking -- I deserved a little reward for getting back into walking! My dad didn't walk this morning since he is recovering from a bad cold but my mom did walk with me. Thanks Mom! And in all fairness to myself, when I suggested Rick's Bakery to my mom.....she very easily could have said no and we could have eaten a healthy breakfast and been just as content. BUT.....she almost knocked me down getting out of the Mall, into her car and was halfway to Rick's Bakery by the time I caught up with her! It was good too and the guilt didn't last long....felt better by the time I took that first bite!

Something has been bothering since I left Maumelle on Friday. I was at a gas station filling up with gas before getting on the interstate when this guy approached me. He said his mother-in-law was in the hospital in Fort Smith which is probably 2 hour's drive north of Maumelle. Anyway, he asked me to pay for his gas and said that his wife was in his truck or SUV or something on the side of the building and I could go with him and see for myself that he was telling the truth. I told him that I was sorry but that I couldn't help him. I never seem to handle these kinds of situations very well. I really should have told him to bring his truck around and I could have put some gas in it for him. There were so many other people around getting gas and after I turned him down, he didn't ask anyone else. I don't know how long he had been there or how many other people he had asked before me. It is still bothering me and I feel like God was giving me a test and I blew it....and I blew it BIG TIME too! I always think of how I should have handled things after the fact! I guess when situations occur that are outside of my comfort zone....I panic and just try to get away as fast as possible and get back into that comfort zone. I've been praying for that man and his wife and praying that they found someone who responded in a more Christian way than I did. And also praying for myself that I will stop, think and pray before I respond too quickly!
It was cold here this morning and Spring cannot come soon enough for me! To cheer myself up....I bought a bleeding heart at WalMart over the weekend. It isn't really a bleeding heart yet, more like roots in a bag of dirt but I am thinking positive here and know that soon, very soon, I will have a beautiful bleeding heart plant! And yes, I know that I have to take it out of the bag and actually plant the thing first! May need to take a container and get some holy water from the chapel tomorrow when I am there to sprinkle on my little plant once I plant it! I don't do as well with houseplants as I do with outside plants. Mother Nature helps me out and if left to my own devices.....my plants tend to either dry up and die or get overwatered and die! Bud shakes his head every time he sees me put another little plant in my shopping cart.....he knows that that plant is on borrowed time. I leave with a smile and high hopes while Bud is following behind me with a frown and knows doom is near!

Since I kinda blew the healthy thing this morning, I've decided to just not cry over it and the family will be going out for pizza tonight! US Pizza is oh so good! It is gluten free so doesn't that count?!?

Blessings,

Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment