Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Friday everyone!

I am busy today with cleaning, laundry, all of that fun stuff! Bud is coming home from Muskogee this afternoon. He will probably be pretty tired. He wasn't feeling well last night. Thought something that he had eaten for lunch hadn't agreed with him.

Our guppies both died last night. It was a sudden death. I fed them mid morning per instructions that Bud had given to me. Not only did he verbally give me instructions.....but we had a visual lesson as well. I had to pass a test. Maybe I didn't pass it as well as I thought because one day in my sole care and they are no longer! At one point yesterday afternoon, I glanced over at the aquarium and Fred is on the bottom -- belly up. I called Bud immediately and he asked if I was sure. I think that there are probably three pretty good indications that a fish is dead. (1) floating on the bottom of the aquarium - check (2) floating belly up - check and (3) no movement from gills or fins - check. Pretty sure he is dead, Bud! Bud was devastated but at least the female was eating and seemed to be in good spirits considering that her roommate has just sunk to the bottom of the aquarium and is no longer chasing her all over the place. Hmmmm.....maybe she killed him! Is that a smile on her face? Is that a little margarita in her fin? Is there a little more pep to her swim? I think SO! But alas.....as the day grew to a close and we returned from dinner.....she was no longer swimming with that pep and she wasn't looking too good....a little green around the gills (excuse the pun)! It wasn't much longer that we noticed her floating next to Fred and soon Ethel was no more. I think I should have named them Romeo and Juliet! Bud instructed me to take the little net and dispose of their little lifeless bodies but no.....can.....do! Bud will have to take care of them once he is home. We have gone through three fish in just a matter of maybe two weeks so I'm thinking maybe we should rethink this fish as pets thing. It isn't working out so well....especially for the fish!

Rhyno and Fiance came by this morning to drop off Olive for the day. As they were leaving, three police cars slowly drove through our little cul-de-sac. It was really strange because our neighborhood is a very quiet neighborhood. I have seen "a" police car cruise our neighborhoods now and again but with three.....I'm thinking that they were looking for someone specifically. Rhyno told me to get back inside of my house and lock the doors! Hey, I have an attack dog remember! Unless of course, if there were treats involved....she would probably throw me to the wolves to get her treats! I'm guessing that some kids had skipped school this morning and were acting suspiciously.

Want to share with you another thing that happened to me. We have been getting phone calls from practically the first day we moved here and got our telephone for a lady whose initials are L.O. From the many messages that have been left and caller ID info, it appears that creditors are looking for Miss L.O. I cannot tell you the number of times that I have tried to explain that this number is not L.O.'s number and hasn't been for now over 5 years. They act like they don't believe me and I guess that is understandable BUT I've suggested that they call the telephone company and can verify that this number is MY number now. Anyway, apparently not all of these people who are looking for Miss L.O. are the sharpest because the other day, the woman actually asked me - after I had explained all of the above - if I KNEW L.O. I asked her if she knew the person who had her phone number before she did.....it isn't like we bought her house or anything. We went to the phone company and they randomly gave us this phone number. She then told me that she would have this number removed from their records. Thank. You. Very. Much!

I cannot end this post without a picture of Miss Chloe.



She is all decked out in her Razorback finest! She is dreaming of her first Razorback game that Gigi and Papa will be taking her to! Not to mention her first Cardinal game!

Have a great weekend!

Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment