Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What a day!

Today was Allie and Olive's day at the groomers.....and usually it is a hectic day but nothing that a cup of latte and a muffin afterwards can't fix. Not so much this morning. Should have had a clue as to how this day was going to progress when Allie started throwing up this morning. Figured she just had a little upset tummy and it would settle down after she had been up a little bit. Why did I even think that? Do I know the first thing about how dog's tummys work? Apparently not because my mom came as she does every grooming Tuesday and we loaded up into the jeep. Allie and Olive snuggled into their bed on Mimi's lap. Well, we weren't too far out of the subdivision and Allie threw up again! Don't you think that I would have learned long ago to keep paper towels in my jeep for just these type of emergencies.....oh no! BUT I did have a scarf.....a favorite of mine and desperate times call for desperate measures so we used that pretty scarf to clean up Allie and the bed as best as we could while driving down the road with two anxious dogs by this time and one gagging Mimi! I was very proud of myself because for once, I was holding it together and wasn't gagging along with Mimi. I think because I was having to focus on my driving! We tried to clean up Allie's mouth after she threw up a second time but she let Mimi know right away that she did NOT want to be bothered in any shape or form. We finally got to Pretty Pets and I came around to let Allie out....once again thinking she will be fine once she has some fresh air. Never mind that I had the air conditioner on while on our way to the groomers and that didn't seem to make much difference except to give us hypothermia and poor Olive was shaking and her teeth were chattering. I let Allie out and tried to somewhat clean the bed again before taking it inside to the groomers. I am one of those pet owners who thinks that their dogs HAVE to have all of the comforts of home at all times. Anyway....I'm trying to clean the bed and Mimi is getting out of the jeep with Olive and is gagging and is so close to losing it right there in the parking lot. Well, this sets off a chain reaction and I start gagging and I'm CLOSE to losing it right there in the parking lot. I just pray that the groomers whose stations ALL face the parking lot were not at that moment watching us but I fear that they were! I tell Chris when we get inside that Allie got car sick and I need a couple of paper towels please. We go back to the jeep and I told Mimi NOT TO LOOK while I tried to peek and clean up the throw up on the jeep floor without actually looking at it or I knew I would throw up myself. We finally got it together and headed to Pontiac Coffeehouse. You wouldn't think that we would be in the mood for a latte and muffin would you but you can't break tradition! I always treat Mimi to a latte and muffin for helping me take and pick up the girls on their grooming days. This afternoon we picked up the girls when they were finished and they looked so cute with their little bows and they smelled so good.....I'm thinking we are good now. We came home and I snapped a few pictures of the girls....well, Olive is not one to let me snap her picture so all I got of her was one of her chasing her tail. Allie was on the back of the sofa and was so tired. It wasn't long and she started gagging AGAIN so I coaxed her back outside where she throws up a LOT! Did I mention that she made it only RIGHT outside of the backdoor? BUT it wasn't inside of the house so that was good at least! She came back in for a little bit and it wasn't long before she is wanting to go back outside. Well, NOW she has diarrhea! She is not feeling well at all. She is now napping on a blanket on the sofa and I hope she feels better soon. I won't feed her tonight except for some rice....if she can keep that down....will start her back with a LITTLE bit of food tomorrow morning. I really really hope that she is over this before I leave town in the morning. Here are a couple of pictures of the girls:


Bud had to be in Muskogee today and he picked up his new truck. I personally loved his SUV but he insists that the truck will have more room and be much better. I think that is just a guy thing! Here is a picture of his truck that he emailed me a little bit ago.

And THAT has been my day today! I am trying to get the laundry all washed up and cleaning done before I leave tomorrow! NOW I have to run outside and hose off the back patio! I will be going with Little Mama to her doctor's appointment on Thursday morning and unless something happens before then, the doctors will induce Little Mama on Friday morning and I will be meeting little Chloe Ann face to face on Friday! I feel so blessed that I will be able to go down tomorrow and spend time with Sonny Bono and Little Mama and soon little Chloe Ann. Please keep Little Mama and Chloe in your prayers!

GiGi


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog Gigi!
    I really appreciate it and you are always welcome anytime my friend.

    Your doggies are just beyond precious.
    ~Ah! What little sweeties!

    ~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I see it is only one Yorkie.

    Oh my he is ca-uuuute! *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete