Saturday, February 27, 2010

Busy Saturday

Yeah, this is pretty much how I am feeling tonight.....dog tired! Got up and hit the floor running.....well, maybe not exactly running! We really didn't have too much planned for today but ended up doing a LOT! The only thing that we really had on our list to do was to get Bud's hair cut. He was way past time for his regular haircut but with traveling so much lately......it couldn't be helped. I'm sure he feels much better this evening and I know that he definitely looks much better! We grabbed McDonald's for breakfast. I got the bacon biscuit and seriously, they should call it a bacon BIT biscuit because there are only two paper thin, two inch slices of bacon on that biscuit!


We ran to Black Sheep after McDonalds in order for Bud to get that much needed haircut. Here is a picture of Fiance working her magic!



After the haircut, we had to make our weekly run to WalMart for groceries. We just cannot seem to get out of there for less than $125! We really didn't get that much food either but I think it is the toiletries and cleaning supplies that are so expensive! Just doesn't seem right that you can carry $125 worth of stuff in just ONE trip into the house!

Came home and put groceries away while Bud ran to auto place to get a new bulb for his truck's tail light. While he was gone, Rhyno and Fiance came by and mentioned that Dillard's was having a huge sale.....60% off and additional 40% off of that price. How could I say no to that! Rhyno also suggested that it would be cool to get Bud a REAL aquarium for his birthday which was last Saturday. We are thinking hoping the bigger aquarium will mean easier time of keeping our fish alive. I'm not really sure how that works. Just seems to me like we will be able to kill a larger number of fish! We ended up with a 29 gallon aquarium. I remember when they sold 20 gallon, 25 gallon, 30 gallon. Today I was seeing 26 gallon, 29 gallon aquariums!? We got the one that has everything you need except for the rocks, decorations, and of course the fish. We were going to buy some fish but thankfully the girl working in the fish department said that we needed to wait 24 to 48 hours before adding fish. Maybe that was the problem the last two times? We got the rocks and one package of artificial plants. Wanted to wait and let Bud pick out the decorations that he wanted. We had already shopped at Dillards and TJMaxx before our PetSmart stop so after PetSmart, headed home with Bud's surprise. He was pretty surprised. Rhyno was so sweet and fixed it all up for Bud. Everyone was pretty hungry....remember that bacon bit biscuit that I had for breakfast? Well, long gone! We went to Outback and had supper and then headed back to PetSmart for some live plants and a shipwreck decoration. I'm hoping maybe we can add some fish tomorrow evening and will be able to post some pictures once the aquarium is totally done!

Dillard's did have some amazing sales going on! I picked up some Daniel Cremieux dress shirts for Bud. They were on sale for $27 and $22.50 plus got an additional 40% off of that! Of course I had to hit up the baby section for Chloe. I found three cute outfits. I bought bigger sizes for her.....I think they are 6 month and 12 month sizes. It is really hard to get good pictures of these clothes but I wanted to share with you what I found! I got all three for $21!!!!!









The little Razorback dress is 12 month size and since her Gigi and Gramps live in Fayetteville......home of the Razorbacks......it would not be right for her to not have some Razorback outfits! Now if Chloe has a little brother....I found a crib mobile of little Razorbacks! So cute!

Bud and the boys just put on Dumb and Dumber so think I will head into the living room and grab some popcorn while there is some left.

Enjoy your weekend,

Gigi

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gigi!
    You are a winner of my laundry decal giveaway!
    Email me your shipping information at casonshelley@gmail.com, so I can ship off your vinyl, asap!
    Thanks
    Shelley Smith
    houseofsmiths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete