Monday, February 15, 2010

Warning.....a lot to post!

I have a lot to post this morning! First of all, Bud and I had the best weekend ever! We drove down to Maumelle and got to hold our little granddaughter for the very first time! My heart is so full now!!!! Chloe is so perfect, so precious and so beautiful! I love love love watching all of the facial expressions that she makes! And she smiles! Little Mama and Sonny Bono said it was gas but I DO NOT believe that for one minute! She SMILES!!!! If it was indeed gas....then she has gas a LOT and that just is not the case....not this time! She SMILES and she is so strong! She holds her little head up and looks around! I don't have many pictures of Chloe and myself....believe me when I tell you that I DID hold her a LOT! Thank you so very much for letting me be so selfish with your daughter, Little Mama! I promise to be better next time! AND since I WAS holding her so much....I didn't get to take as many pictures as I wanted......and was NOT going to put her down to do so. I do have my priorities! Here are some of the pictures that we took when we got there Saturday morning.




Can you tell that Bud is in love with that little angel?! First thing this morning, I had to send pictures to his computer at work so that he could show off his little granddaughter! haha He is definitely a proud grandpa!!!!

Here are a couple more cute little pictures. Here she is with her daddy. Daddy started back to work this morning and I know that he is missing his girls very very much this morning!



We came home Sunday morning. Daddy is going back to work this morning and I know that they have had so much company so we wanted the little family to have some 'down' time with just the three of them and hoped that they were able to get some rest. I appreciate them letting us come and stay Saturday night.....it meant so very much to us. My body left Maumelle but my heart is definitely still back there!!!!

When we left Maumelle the weather was pretty warm and looked like it was going to be a sunny day! I didn't even need to wear a jacket! I think it started raining on us in Clarksville and by the time we got closer to Fort Smith, we had snow! Here are a couple of pictures taken while Bud was driving down the road.....not the best pictures but considering we were blasting down the highway and if you look at the GPS....you can see where we were going 75 mph!!!!



This is a picture coming into Fayetteville. You can see the University of Arkansas and that never fails to make me smile! I ♥ living in a college town!!!! When you see the college, you know that you are close to home!!!

Bud and I spent a very low key Valentine's Day yesterday! We ran to WalMart and for our romantic meal.....we had turkey sandwiches and macaroni and cheese! haha My sandwich was actually pretty awesome.....on a croissant, ranch dressing, turkey slices, a couple of slices of bacon, some swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and red onion. YUMMY! It was very very good. Bud had grilled out steaks while we were in Maumelle so we were really wanting something kind of light and somewhat healthy! We did exchange Valentine's Day cards and I will post the pictures of those and let you tell ME who the romantic one is in this relationship! haha




Seriously though.....I feel very lucky that I have a husband who even thought to buy me a card and then took the time out of his busy day to bother with fighting the crowds and standing in line to pay for the card! I DO treasure this card and I treasure Bud! We are getting to be pretty antique treasures with more rust than not but we are rusting together!!!! haha

Today is Mimi and Poppy's 52nd Anniversary! Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! And they spent the morning walking at the Mall with ME! haha I think they were going out later and buying something for their anniversary and talked about going out for a steak dinner tonight! Right now, they are probably napping with Dad in his recliner and Mom on the couch......just snoring away!!!! Here is a picture of the walkers going into the Mall. Poppy has on the Partners jacket and looks like a serious walker!



I think that you can click on the pictures and enlarge them but don't hold me to that! Well I have a ton of laundry to do and a list of things that I need to get accomplished today that is longer than normal so I had better get to it! But first, one more picture of Chloe!


Have a wonderful day!
GiGi

















1 comment: